Shabad 40: Tek Ek Raghunath

Tek Ek Raghunath (The Lord Alone Is My Support)

This a Shabad originally sung by Guru Teg Bahadur ji (the ninth guru who gave his life for the freedom of belief) during captivity, the Shabad emphasizes the Lord as only support of human soul in trying times.

Vocal : Shivpreet Singh
Veena: Rajhesh Vaidhya
Guitar: Janapriyan Levine
Cello   : Suellen Primost
Video clips: Sardar Preet Mohan Singh (father of Shivpreet Singh)
Recorded at the Fantasy Studios, Berkeley, CA





ਸੰਗ ਸਖਾ ਸਭਿ ਤਜਿ ਗਏ ਕੋਊ ਨ ਨਿਬਹਿਓ ਸਾਥਿ ॥ 
संग सखा सभि तजि गए कोऊ न निबहिओ साथि ॥ 
Sang sakẖā sabẖ ṯaj ga▫e ko▫ū na nib▫hi▫o sāth. 
My associates and companions have all deserted me; no one remains with me. 
ਕਹੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਇਹ ਬਿਪਤਿ ਮੈ ਟੇਕ ਏਕ ਰਘੁਨਾਥ ॥੫੫॥ 
कहु नानक इह बिपति मै टेक एक रघुनाथ ॥५५॥ 
Kaho Nānak ih bipaṯ mai tek ek ragẖunāth. ||55|| 
Says Nanak, in this tragedy, the Lord alone is my Support. ||55||
ਨਾਮੁ ਰਹਿਓ ਸਾਧੂ ਰਹਿਓ ਰਹਿਓ ਗੁਰੁ ਗੋਬਿੰਦੁ ॥ 

नामु रहिओ साधू रहिओ रहिओ गुरु गोबिंदु ॥ 
Nām rahi▫o sāḏẖū rahi▫o rahi▫o gur gobinḏ. 
The Naam remains; the Holy Saints remain; the Guru, the Lord of the Universe, remains. 
ਕਹੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਇਹ ਜਗਤ ਮੈ ਕਿਨ ਜਪਿਓ ਗੁਰ ਮੰਤੁ ॥੫੬॥ 
कहु नानक इह जगत मै किन जपिओ गुर मंतु ॥५६॥ 
Kaho Nānak ih jagaṯ mai kin japi▫o gur manṯ. 
||56|| Says Nanak, how rare are those who chant the Guru’s Mantra in this world. ||56||
ਰਾਮ ਨਾਮੁ ਉਰ ਮੈ ਗਹਿਓ ਜਾ ਕੈ ਸਮ ਨਹੀ ਕੋਇ ॥ 

राम नामु उर मै गहिओ जा कै सम नही कोइ ॥ 
Rām nām ur mai gahi▫o jā kai sam nahī ko▫e. 
I have enshrined the Lord’s Name within my heart; there is nothing equal to it. 
ਜਿਹ ਸਿਮਰਤ ਸੰਕਟ ਮਿਟੈ ਦਰਸੁ ਤੁਹਾਰੋ ਹੋਇ ॥੫੭॥੧॥ 
जिह सिमरत संकट मिटै दरसु तुहारो होइ ॥५७॥१॥ 
Jih simraṯ sankat mitai ḏaras ṯuhāro ho▫e. ||57||1|| 
Meditating in remembrance on it, my troubles are taken away; I have received the Blessed Vision of Your Darshan. ||57||1||

Comments

  1. Thank you so much Mr Shivpreet. This is an amazing piece. I would say, Masterpeace.
    Nothing like that ever would come as compared to this outstanding track.
    Amazing!!!
    I'm repeating listening to this for 2 days.
    God bless you, sir.
    Thank you so much for this amazing track 💕

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guru ji would bless upon you for ever, since you had done a best effort for making this reels to inspire others. Many many thanks to you and your team.
    Special thanks & regards To Veena & other instrument's players & enjoying with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Shivpreetji for this unique way of presentation. This is now my daily routine. I love to start my day with ek ek Raghunath. I am truly amazed. Waheguru ji

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this amazing piece.Cant stop listening to it day in and out.Thank you for this amazing track.Wahe guruji🙏

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Shabad 32: Ja ka Meet Saajan hai Samiya

Shabad 24: Koi Aan Milavai Mera Preetam Pyara - Hans Raj Hans

Shabad 27 : Ardass Karee Prabh Apne Aagay, Sun Sun Jeeva Teri Bani